RASOCEM is an adhesive skim coat in paste, to mix with cement 325 or 425, in weight ratio 2:1 (2 parts RASOCEM and 1 part cement). It is composed of marble fine sands in different granulometries, synthetic resins in water emulsion, and specific admixtures aimed at an excellent glueing of structural elements on surfaces.
RASOCEM PASTA is suitable for the followings applications:
- surface regularization of concrete’s castings or precast panels which present imperfections, porosity, eroded or damaged areas in low depth.
- surface regularization of cementitious or thermic plasters (Thermoisol).
- Protective cladding of plasters and concretes from environmental aggressions.
- To bury the fibre glass mesh.
- Adhesive and skim coat for insulating panels in polystyrene, extruded foam panels, with graphite, glass wool, stone wool, cork (Exterior Insulation system) etc.
Before the product application it is suggested to remove all the damaged or crumbly parts, until you have a surface good and resistant. On the concrete surfaces verify that there are no form release agents; then clean the surface removing dust, oil, grease traces etc.
Mix one sack of kg 25 RASOCEM PASTA with 12,5 kg of cement 325 or 425 (2 parts RASOCEM and 1 part cement) with helix mixer at low speed until you obtain a homogeneous lump free paste. Let stand the mixture for 5-10 minutes and shake it again briefly before the use.
Apply the paste Rasocem Pasta directly on the reverse side of the panel with notched trowel on all the surface or pointing with the trowel. After the laying, press strongly the panels to guarantee the bonding to the substrate verifying the levelling by means of a striker.
AS SKIM COAT FOR PANELS
After 24-48 hours at least from the panels laying and their dowelling, apply the mixture on them with the same uniform thickness and bury the fibre glass mesh which has to be compressed with a smooth trowel on the fresh mixture layer and junctions. You will obtain this way a layer compacted and regular; apply a second coat and continue with the finishing coating, which will be applied after the skim coat cure. For a good surface finishing, it will be necessary to wait some minutes after the application, then trowel with a sponge trowel kept constantly damp.